Wednesday, May 25, 2011

TAKING RESPONSIBILITY: HOW TO USE THE GOD WITHIN TO BLESS THE WORLD

I'm constantly questioning the validly and origin of handed down traditions. I question things, not to be rebellious and constantly have something to debate about, but I'm really seeking the truth rather than regurgitating habits that lost their meaning during the telephone game. We play this game with our elders as they recite their own versions of our oral traditions.

Since I was a child I always said "God bless you" when someone sneezed and I used to wonder why a sneeze needed to be blessed. I understand now that the phrase was coined because a sneeze was usually a sign that someone had a cold; saying "God bless you" was wishing someone good health.

Recently my son sneezed and I said, "God bless you!" I'm not sure what happened in that moment but a little voice told me, "No, say bless you." From that moment on I offer blessings to him with love and I don't seek for an outside entity to grant the blessings I extend.

When you understand that the divine creator is inside of you, then you stop shifting responsibility and step into your own power. I accept that I am a creator in my own right and have the power to bless my child - to bless the world!

We're here to create gifts and not wait for them to manifest on the backend. We are to be at the forefront and orchestrate the experience. If you don't accept full responsibility of your power then you offer it to someone else. You can't insure that people will have your best interest at heart, but you can grab the bull by the horn and set your own miracles into motion.

Questioning things was not something that we did as kids because the response was always a resounding, "Because I said so," but let life be the teacher so there is a foundation for our actions.

Bless the world with the power of love from your heat.

Shelli Tinae
www.themindofshellitinae.blogspot.com
www.twitter.com/shellitinae

No comments: