Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Find the Time to Honor Yourself


My visions are unfolding almost faster then I can create them. I see clearly my destiny as it spirals in control and aligns my life with purpose.

I am usually really good with taking time to honor myself in prayer, yoga and meditation but lately, on the edge of literally speaking, it seems the days run into each other and it's a month long day. The times I honor myself are coming far, few and in between. I don't want to forget my divine purpose is spiritually based and my body is a merely a fulfilment vehicle.
So needless to say, business is running smoothly and we are getting a lot done. To give myself balance and continue the flow of my purpose I'm going to FIND time to honor...me. This business is allowing my creative juices to pour our so in that sense, yes, I am honoring the creator, my God. I just have to remember to anty-up and reconnect with my soul-self that governs my existence.

Marcia & Joseph gave me some bath crystals and I can't wait to honor myself with a luxurious warm bath. There are so many ways you can honor yourself and it doesn't have to take all day. Any exercise, reading a book, sitting alone for a few minutes, lighting your favorite incense (mine is nag champa) - or really anything that kicks one of the senses into high gear. And believe it or not, just a few deep breaths can help center you and allow your body to release stale air in your lunges while breathing new air into the cells in your body.

Discover ways to honor yourself if not daily, then definitely weekly.

2 comments:

Love Rose said...

Shelli, you are so right and the way that I honor myself is mediation in the bath tub with sea salt crystals, and tree tea oil. I end up doing this for about an hour.

Anonymous said...

You are right Shel. And I read this after I'd gone back to a yoga class I hadn't realized id missed so much. But i have been trying to take time for myself more. Although the last few weeks it has seemed a little harder to find it. Ive been so lazy...I'm not even keeping up with my house - making my own personal sanctuary cluttered, which dopesn't help ME stay uncluttered.

But i'm hoping a good vacation on the beach will help me center myself.