Wednesday, April 22, 2009

YOU ARE WHO YOU ATTRACT

A friend of mine had this status on Facebook recently: “I find myself attracted to the same type of women.” My response to him was…"because you are the same man."

A good test to see yourself for who you REALLY are is just look at the people you date. The people we attract are a direct reflection of who we are – the good, the bad & the ugly. Most of us are stubborn and blind to our own fallacies and the only way to acknowledge them is to see them in someone else.
I dated a man who was so nonchalant about EVERYTHING – and that was me; he was my reflection because that’s the way I’ve always treated men (and I think that’s why men liked me because I was a challenge but that’s another blog for another day). He was in my life to show me that my nonchalant attitude implies that I didn’t care – and I really didn’t, but how could I want a man to care if I never cared? I vowed never to treat men that way again – and I haven’t…and in return I got a man who is attentive and far from nonchalant.

The subtle, positive changes we make within ourselves allow us to meet people with the same qualities. It’s all about growth. Are you ready to grow? Then you will recognize your-self in others. That’s the best way to denounce attributes that no longer suit you. It also allows you to give thanks for the positive characteristics you see in your loved ones. I look at my friends in my circle and I thank God for surrounding me with Good people. I’m like, “Hey, that’s me – all of you are me!” So thank you God for showing my growth as a woman and a spiritual being by sending good people to share this journey with.

If you find yourself attracted to the same type of man or woman, first discover what it is they all have in common; then analyze whether those traits are still suitable for where you’re at in your life; then see how those traits are directly connected to you. When you see THEM in YOU, you can praise them for being a life lesson. From there, you either embrace them or release them.

No comments: