Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Ex Factor!

First of all, let me say your ex’s are in the past for a reason and it’s probably best they stay there. I think we should always be moving onward and forward and the goal is to have received a life lesson from your relationship so you don’t feel the need to go back. To go back is like saying, “God, I missed what you were trying to tell me, please show me again”. If you choose to go back, be a conscious observer the next time around.

Our topic Tuesday on “Straight Talk with Ella Bleu,” was about being friends with your ex’s. It seems that even if people aren’t romantically involved, they are still maintaining some type of contact. Generally speaking, people still care about the well being of their ex’s and to some degree find it comforting to associate with the familiar; someone who knows and accepts you for who they are even if they can’t stand the thought of living with your ass! The biggest highlight is now you can take that person in doses and not on a regular basis.

What surprised me the most is that some of these ex’s are SECRETS from your current mates. I keep hearing the hook from an old Xscape song when they said, “You’re my little secret and that’s how we should keep it…” Apparently some things are better off left unsaid but is that silence a form of deception?

My advice is to let the cat out of the bag early on in the relationship because at that point you have nothing to lose. Be open about your ex’s during the “getting to know you stage”. You will gain that person’s respect and you will also show that you have no regrets about your past because after all, your past is what made you the person you are today.

The ex is only a factor if you let it be.

No comments: