Saturday, April 2, 2011

BREATHING BY MIDNIGHT

I've been out all day with blogging heavily on my mind. Not once did I think I would be racing the clock trying to get out a thought-felt blog by midnight. The count down has begun and the hours have turned into minutes. Can I do it? Yes, I'm positive I can. I said to myself, "just breathe!"

Instantly I drew upon the power of my breath to complete the task at hand. Learning to breathe correctly was one of the most significant lessons of my life. Most people don't breathe correctly and only take shallow intakes of oxygen - our invisible lifeforce.

It wasn't until I began practicing yoga did I grasp the strength of various breathing techniques. To put it simply, you will get more out of life if you know how to breathe. A few deep breaths will give your body the oxygen it needs for sustainability, whether you need an extra push in your workouts or energy just to think clearly.

Take long deep breaths throughout your day and watch how much you get out of life. Don't take the gift of breathing for granted.

Now that's positve!

Namaste

No comments: