Friday, April 8, 2011

IF YOU WANT TO BE INSPIRED WATCH "OPRAH PRESENTS MASTER CLASS"

One of the most inspirational shows I’ve ever seen on television was “Oprah Presents Master Class”. When I sat down to watch it, I didn’t really know what to expect. I didn’t know the impact it would have on me. The Oprah Winfrey Show has been on air since I was eight years old so I grew up with her and didn’t realize there was so much more to her than I had previously witnessed. This was not Oprah the television host, this was a woman speaking from the purity of her heart and soul and it really moved me. Oprah the host is a channel for the world to speak through her.
Part two was just as phenomenal as part one and the unifying theme for both seemed to be that we all have the ability to tap into source energy and become anything we passionately dream to be.
Oprah was forced to sleep outside by her mother’s employer as a child because she was dark skin; she was raped by her cousin at the tender age of 9; she was pregnant at age 14. This was more than a story about a little girl from Mississippi who went from rags to riches. This was a story about a little girl who used the law of rhythm to turn her disconsolate life into one that was filled with a flow of light and love. Oprah is a great example of someone who lives with the flow – and not against it.
She expressed many life themes in the two part series that I find spiritually stimulating but one of them that really touched me is that you have to BELIEVE. There is a force greater than us that guides us and does not forsake us but you have to believe in the power and believe you are the vessel to express positive energy.
As Oprah says, we are here to learn so then in turn we can be teachers. It’s a give and take; a constant exchange of energy and love.
If you watch nothing else on television this year – please watch “Oprah Presents Master Class,” and let’s have a discussion about all the “aha” moments that are woven into this timeless piece of work. Part 1 and 2 air tonight on OWN beginning at 9pm EST.

No comments: