Monday, April 18, 2011

WHY I DRIVE TO WORK IN SILENCE

I stumbled upon driving in silence by accident. My car stereo had a short and one day it just decided not to turn on anymore. I was pretty bummed about it at first because I was always playing music to match or enhance my moods. The broken radio was in arms distance and the curiosity of what they were playing was killing me because I had been programmed that the radio and start of the ignition were uniquely intertwined. When I stopped having the ability to cut on the radio on my morning commute, I realized life is filled with many things to divert us from who we really are and thus the journey to reveal more of myself began.

Soon I began to enjoy the silence and the peace it offered me. Yes, of course there were times when I really wanted to listen to music - especially prior to a night on town but my morning commute is when I appreciate the silence the most. I discovered that the sound of the radio seemed to be a distraction. The music was distracting me from myself.

The vibrations from music - and even the voice of radio show personalities, can really have an emotional affect on how you feel. You see, we are all resonating to a certain frequency. We are radios - just like the one's we listen to in the car. So when you tune into the artificial frequency of the radio, chances are, you’re not tuned into your authentic frequency. In essence, you begin to take on frequencies that are not your own and they begin to distract you from what you are supposed to be doing to enhance your frequency field and raise your vibration.

Now I listen to the sound of my breath, the hum of the engine and the intonations of my voice. It used to be unnerving to cut off the radio but I stepped outside of my comfort zone even further and I began praying aloud in the car. Talk about strange! I was so worried that the people in the cars next to me would notice that I was talking and not singing that they would look at me crazy. This was a sure sign that I was not comfortable in my own skin so I over came the challenge and I made these prayers a daily ritual. Soon the prayers turned into daily affirmations because I am a creator and feel more comfortable asserting my desires.

So whether you drive in silence for part of your commute or the entire commute, use that time to become more in tune with your authentic self so your day unfolds the way it's truly supposed to. I'm a strong advocate now for turning off the radio in the mornings; after all, the way you begin your day can greatly determine how the entire day plays out.

Be one with yourself.

Namaste

No comments: