Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NO DECISION IS EVER FINAL

In search of a new adventure, I quit my job and made the conscious decision to move a thousand miles south to Atlanta, Georgia. I didn't have a plan. All I knew was that I needed a fresh start. It was probably one of the most fearless decisions I've ever made because the outcome was uncertain. I didn't have a job and all I had was my roll over 401 k and the last pay check from the stressful job I just vacated. None of that mattered to me. All I cared about was starting a new life and leaving behind the old me.

As expected, a lot of my family and friends were concerned about me making such a huge move and not having a master plan but I simply told them, "No decision is ever final and I can always come back home if it doesn't work out."

Put yourself out on a limb and follow your intuition. I didn't have a job but as soon as I got to Atlanta I worked very hard to apply for many job openings. Within three weeks I got a phone call from Art Evans, who was the manager of the temporary department at Turner Broadcasting. He called me in for an interview and told me that he receives about 400 resumes a day for people trying to get a foot in the door at Turner and my resume caught his eye. I was a temp for 5 months before I got on permanently.

I made a fearless move and I was faithful that it would pay off...and it did.

I've been in Atlanta now almost eight years and my decision still isn't final; not in my job - not with my home - not with my car, etc. You can always tell another story just by having the determination to do something different. The key to your decision being successful is based on how fearless you feel so remove all doubts. Only you can write your life story so never let anyone tell you that there are no do-over’s because it’s not about doing something over – it’s about doing things better. You wrote the script - so you can change the plot.

Namaste

2 comments:

shannon said...

So true! I made a leap like that myself, and here I am 10 years later. Sometimes a fresh start in a new place is good for the soul.

Shelli Tinae said...

Yes, it definitely is good for the soul. I want to keep making those leaps in my life and have faith that all is in divine order.