Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I FORGOT TO FORGIVE HIM - REMEMBERING TO FORGIVE THOSE WHO HAVE HURT YOU

He hurt her...I saw the tears; I witnessed the drop in weight; I drove to the rescue to move her belongings; I watched the kids abruptly pack up their rooms to move to the unknown. Now they have made amends and she says to me, "You should try to forgive him, too." It's been six months since the nasty ordeal and all these months she's been working to heal and part of the healing process was to forgive him for his infidelity and stealing. Those of us so intensely involved only focused on the well being of her and the children. We were so concerned with her happiness that we forgot to forgive him. The thought didn't even dawn on me until she mentioned it today. She was expressing her feeling to me and said, "I don’t think I would have received the development that God has made/is making in me, if it had come from someone else." I believe we start to forgive people when we stop blaming them for how we feel. No one can make you feel a certain way. You're in the drivers seat even though sometimes it feels out of your control. To forgive doesn't mean you forget but the experience changes you. How do you forgive with the painful memory still intact? First we must find the lesson in the experience and understand that no mistakes are ever made. There is always a divine plan in place. I believe this, I truly do, but it's hard to watch someone you love go through such pain. My golden moment will appear on the day I can truly say that all is well - that all is forgiven. He didn't hurt me, he hurt someone I love and she understands the purpose of it all. That is the most important aspect and the one thing that will help me forgive him. How do you begin to forgive those that you feel have hurt you?

No comments: